Sis and Laney

Sis and Laney
My sister kate, (left) and me (right)

Monday, November 7, 2011

Boots, Archery, and Dog tricks

Hey everyone! You will never guess what happened to me today! So, I was in my house, getting ready to go over to the bus stop. But, I realized I didn't have any shoes on. I hurried over to my shoe basket and tried to pick out a pair of shoes. Now, me being a very picky person, I couldn't decide between UGG boots or American Eagle high heeled fake leather boots. I put on one of each at the same time. I examined my toes, did eenie meenie miney moe, but still couldn't make up my mind! I looked up at the clock, and realized I only had FIVE MINUTES to get to the bus stop. I grabbed my book bag, said a quick goodbye to my dog, Tucker, and dashed out to the bus stop. My friends E, E, M, and J were at the bus stop. (sorry, don't want to give away their info without permission from them) They all gave me weird looks. I asked what was wrong, and they pointed down to my feet. I forgot to change shoes. I was about to sprint back to the house with my two different shoes and pick the first one I found, but then the bus wheeled around the corner. Too late. I guess the lesson here is don't look at things too closely, or you'll miss out. OR the lesson could be "stop being picky, because you might make a fool of yourself." So, after being bombarded with about 500 questions about my shoes at school, I just decided to reply to anyone who asked, "I'm setting a new trend." and that's all. So, later today I went to PE. I couldn't dress out, because I can't find my gym uniform. Me and my friend E walked toward the bleachers and sat down, listening to Mr. L give us a long lecture about being prepared for school. Then we moved into archery. He told us how to perfect our stance, steady our aim, and all that other stuff. It looked really cool, but he didn't get to everybody today. I was bummed. So, I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday to get a Bull's Eye! At the end of the day, I came home and took my dog for a walk. My dog is a goldendoodle. He is big and furry and definetly the sweetest thing you will meet with huge fuzzy hair. He is only three. Then, I decided to teach him a trick. We got an extension to our back porch (joy! A great place to teach tuck a trick!) and took him out there. I brought some treats out and his little tennis ball. I walked down the porch steps and fenced him on the porch with the little baby gate (we are growing grass; don't want Tucker to tear it all up) and threw his ball onto the porch. I held a treat out to him from below so he had to drop the ball. Everytime the ball rolled off the porch, I gave him a treat. If not, I started all over and got it again. I was trying to teach him to drop it so he could play fetch with himself while we were at school. Experiment: Make Tucker have more fun. Hypothesis: He will catch on to this trick soon! Outcome: Epic failure. So, after that I tidied my room a bit, and walked downstairs to type this blog. It was a very strange day full of boots, archery, and dog tricks. Now, I am getting a bit hungry, so I am going to get a snack. Tootles! Oh and before I go! Just remember this site isn't all about boycotting things, it is a blog about my life. L stands for Laney. C stands for Claire. And Boycott is something we like to do. So, tootles now!

1 comment: