Sis and Laney

Sis and Laney
My sister kate, (left) and me (right)

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Introducing... Laney and Claire's Boycott Clubs!

Hi everybody who has the time to follow this blog! My name is Laney, and I am 12 years old. Okay, that probably isn't enough information. Let me tell you a little about me. I am a girl, I'm in seventh grade, I hate Justin Beiber (sorry to all you beiber fans out there, no hard feelings), I love to write, I am not a big fan of yogurt, I have a dog named Tucker, and I have a good friend named claire. Claire and I always take the time to stand up and speak out for things we believe in. Like last year, for example. Claire and I (and our friend, kieran) were sitting at the lunch table. As soon as our table was called, we rushed to the lunch line. Our noses filled with the wonderful aroma coming from the kitchens. We dashed toward the chip counter and grabbed some baked lays. We rushed back to our lunch table and opened up the chip bags like we hadn't eaten for days. We were about to dig in, when Claire looked up, speechless. I went over to see what was wrong, and in the chip bag, was the most horrifying sight. There were only two chips in the bag. Thus, the lays boycott club began. We wrote letters to lays, boycotted their chips, wrote petitions, and all that other fun stuff. Finally, the Frito-Lay company wrote back. They said they would fill their bags more efficently. So, if you were ever wondering why your baked lay's chip bags got so full, you can give us the credit. Anyway, a year later, and it is us again, boycotting ANOTHER chip company, but this time, we are on the lays side. Those delicious, perfectly filled bags of lays in the cafeteria left us. We were so confused and sad. Then, Snapz apple crisps came along. They were the replacement of the best chips of all, the sour cream and onion baked lays. The Snapz look like vomit (and kind of taste like it as well), and we decided to start another boycott. We wrote a petition for people to sign (at a shocking 101 signatures so far! Go us!), we will produce sit ins (where we refuse to bring or buy school lunches until the Snapz change), make posters, print flyers, sell badges, blog about it, and much more. We boycotted these chips, and now, we just want them back! If you have any ideas to help Claire and I, post a comment! Thanks! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laney! It's Claire! Go to the protest site(www.standagainstsnapz.blogspot.com)because I added a chat room;now we can get on and talk there!

    ReplyDelete